Micro-Teaching Methods in Medical Education
- Identify important opportunities in which to integrate learners into clinics or your practice.
- Apply the RIME model to appraise and assess student performance in the clinical setting and plan for their continued learning.
- Apply the One Minute Preceptor model to teaching on the run.
- Give effective feedback and help students develop their own next step learning goals.
- Plan for, recognize opportunities and carry out teaching in multiple settings including bed side, walking rounds, journal clubs, etc.
- Deliver more effective incidental teaching in various clinical settings given time constraints of busy practice.
- Provide better feedback and supervision of learners and deal with challenges in teaching in the clinical setting.
- Build confidence in sharing what you know and teach more effectively.
Applies to the following LSI roles
- Clinical Teacher (inpatient / outpatient)
- Clinical Teacher (outpatient)
- Core Site Preceptor
- Health Care Team Member
Available Online Modules:
There are currently no online modules for this session.
Available Offline Offerings:
There are currently no scheduled offering.