Bringing Basic Science to the Bedside
- Help trainees apply basic science to clinical care under the watchful eye of senior physicians in order to foster simultaneous integration of preclinical and clinical content.
- Integrate the traditional clinical years curriculum into the foundation sciences years.
- Teach the basic sciences relevance to practice by early application to clinical experiences.
- Fully integrate ones teaching of preclinical and clinical instruction using a variety of curricula, the use of technology-enhanced immersive clinical/patient simulations and simulated patient rounds simulations with preclinical trainees.
- Articulate a unifying theory of cognitive and emotional learning that broadens the view of what is possible, feasible, and desirable with simulator-based medical education to integrate basic and clinical sciences.
- Work in interdisciplinary faculty teams to design and deliver medical education that integrates clinical and basic sciences experiences, knowledge, attitudes and skills.
- Teach basic sciences in a clinically relevant way to develop trainees’ clinical problem solving skills.
- Develop trainee assessments that integrate basic and clinical sciences.
- Develop inter-professional learning opportunities for trainees to foster team work and relate health science education to basic and clinical sciences.
Applies to the following LSI roles
- Team Instructor
- Team Based Learning
- Guided and Self-Directed Learning Instructor
- Research Advisor
- Educational Team Leader
Available Online Modules:
There are currently no online modules for this session.
Available Offline Offerings:
There are currently no scheduled offering.